At Evolution 2 Motorsport, we suggest that Customers at the very least have an Oil Change done every 15000km (or once a year, if you do limited driving) on your beloved vehicle. Regular oil changes provide several benefits that can keep you behind the wheel of the same vehicle (which is great news for those customers wanting to hold onto their vehicle's once their Service Plan/ Motorplan has expired).
- Ensures optimal engine performance
- Prevents engine dirt and debris accumulation
- Improves fuel economy
- Produces less harmful emissions
Fresh, clean oil lubricates all of the parts that comprise a vehicles engine. By protecting your vehicle's engine from engine degradation, you can extend the life of a vehicle well beyond the average lifespan of a new car.
During an Oil Service:
- Our technicians complete a Vehicle Inspection (including a Safety Check)
- The oil filter of your vehicle is replaced with an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) replacement tailor-made for the engine. This fulfills the high requirements of the oil and, through its extraordinary filtering and sealing qualities therefore providing protection for the engine of your vehicle
- Replacement of the engine oil
- Engine Clean with a special paraffin based degreaser
- Environmentally-friendly disposal of used oil filters, and the old oil
- Resetting of the Service Indicator
- The oil change is usually recorded in the Service Book upon completion of each Service (a 'complete' service history usually adds to the resale value of a vehicle)
Signs that your Vehicle needs an Oil Change:
By following the regular oil change maintenance schedules, you enjoy several benefits that enhance the performance of your Vehicle. By closely monitoring your engine oil (via the Dipstick or the On-board Computer), you can detect the signs that demonstrate the time has come for an oil change:
- Oil appears black and contains particles
- Engine operates much louder than normal
- 'Check Engine' light remains on
- Oil level suddenly drops
- Sputtering vehicle performance, especially on steep inclines
What happens when you do not change Engine Oil:
We like to remind our clients about the implications of not abiding by the recommended maintenance schedule, and for not using the correct oil for the particular vehicle engine. An oil change go a long way towards ensuring the health of your vehicle. At Evolution 2 Motorsport, we believe in . Castrol Oils and Lubricants are well respected in the motor industry: passenger/ commercial/ heavy duty/ motorbikes/ race cars.
The dangers of not abiding by the oil change schedule include engine wear, corrosion, sludge and extremely poor performance. In the worst case scenarios, severely compromised oil can cause a vehicle to stop on the open road, or whilst sitting in peak hour traffic.
Our Workmanship is Guaranteed: To Alec and the staff, a vehicle is considered as a member of our family. We pride ourselves on trust, work ethic, friendliness and using only OEM Parts, Castrol Oils and Lubricants. Contact us for more information or to make an appointment.